An ode to hip hop legends ATCQ, French producer Medline (complimented by illustrator Stéphane Carricondo) interprets the group’s classic tracks and original sample sources over an eight track album. C’est Relaxation Electrique!
Conceived with a strong jazz-funk, fusion and boogie approach, the ‘Other Fantasy’ is the result of many recording sessions that took place in different places around Europe with an array of musicians. The record is conceptualised around the quest for Otherness in the schizophrenia of the digital age, and the resulting exotic dystopias which we are confronted with every day.
Gaijin Blues is Naphta and band mate Playstation Yoga Music’s tribute to Japanese pop culture, manga and video games. A blend between Japanese and Western music with live studio instruments; the EP is the result of tours to different regions of Japan and spending time in record shops, as well as playing classic RPGs.
‘La Cadenza’ is the third EP by Rudy’s Midnight Machine (aka Robin Lee from Faze Action) of slinky jazz, funk, disco and Balearic moves.
Late night vinyl mix of smooth soul, jazz, fusion and funk. Mmmmmm.
01. Ann Peebles – I Can’t Stand The Rain
02. William DeVaughn – Blood Is Thicker Than Water
03. Earth, Wind & Fire – Mom
04. Ronnie Laws – As One
05. Mike Mandel – Pyramids
06. Deodato – Knights of Fantasy
07. Evelyn Champagne King – Get Up Off Your Love
08. The O’Jays – Help (Somebody Please)
09. The Four Tops – Main Street People
10. The Isley Brothers – Lay Lady Lay
11. Timmy Thomas – The Coldest Days Of My Life